From Ragged Edge to Rested Edge: How to Bring Calm, Confident Energy to Your Business w/Eleanor Beaton
Presence is critical to great leadership and performance. How does keeping your body healthy help you establish your presence as a leader? Why is self-care necessary in changing the paradigm for women in business? How do you keep yourself from cannibalizing your energy reserves? On this episode Eleanor Beaton shares on regimented self-care routines, and the role self-care efforts play in keeping her head in the game.
1100 net new businesses are opened everyday by women. The challenge is, we are having trouble extending that influence into the upper echelons of power. -Eleanor Beaton
- Just 2% of businesses owned by women cross the seven-figure mark.
- Compromising your energy diminishes your impact.
- There has to be a balance between pursuing ambition and staying in alignment.
- Presence is your ability to articulate a vision, your distinctness as well as your ability to engage and influence other people.
At the start of the show Eleanor shared on her work and the current paradigm for female entrepreneurs. We also discussed how self-care contributes to keeping her head in the game. “The bigger my business grows the more incumbent it is upon me to put self-care at the heart of things.” She also shared on energy reserves and how to stop cannibalizing them. We also talked about the balance between being on the driving edge and self-care. Towards the end of the show, we talked about the importance of team in growing a business, “it comes down to setting the direction and bringing powerhouse people together.”
Eleanor also shared insights on;
- Keeping your nutrition and self-care dialed in during events
- Why presence is critical to great leadership and great performance
- The three aspects of presence
- How to magnetize people in a stronger and more powerful way
- What’s at stake if you don’t focus on self-care
Bold, empowered women will change the world and get seats at the table. Self-care is instrumental in empowerment because it allows us to bring our best selves forward. Establishing trust with the world starts with you, and we diminish that when our energy and well-being is compromised. We limit ourselves when we think small and try to do it all by ourselves. We push ourselves to the ragged edge when we take on too much. The goal is to be on the rested edge, so you can show up calm, confident, and ready to engage. The longer we stay attached to doing everything ourselves, the longer inequity will control the advancement of female entrepreneurs.
Eleanor teaches professional women and entrepreneurs how to ask for what they deserve —Through her courses, workshops and private coaching programs, she shows women how to add 5-figures to their income and step onto the leadership track by teaching them the leadership skills of 7-figure business women. See more at: EleanorBeaton.com. Like her on Facebook: Facebook.com/StoryIsPower.