Neuroscience shows that your brain is like a battery that runs out during the day. Are you doing enough to inspire you and recharge your batteries regularly?Are you feeling stressed and tired? Are you working to the best of your abilities? On this episode, Donna Ceriani shares tips and tricks you can use to start living a healthier lifestyle, so you can put your best foot forward. Learn why you can’t be at your creative best and be the best leader you can be if you are stressed, eating badly and not exercising.
When you are in your element, when you are out in an area where you feel inspired, you can replenish your batteries, you are more productive, you are more creative and you are more inspired. –Donna Ceriani
- Nothing rejuvenates the brain better than good quality sleep. This should be paramount in your planning of everything.
- Recharging your batteries by being out in nature and doing something that inspires you can be effective for boosting your creativity and leadership abilities.
- Even just ten minutes of exercise a day can make a positive difference to brain function.
In this episode we began by talking with Donna about how she works with business executives to help them plot a roadmap to increase leadership success. Donna went on to to talk about goal setting and what goals to aim for. We went on to discuss stress and the health issues it can bring, and Donna spoke about her first hand experiences with the dangers of overworking yourself. Later in the episode we spoke about the importance of creating a routine that you stick to, no matter what, even if you are travelling with work. We finished off by talking about the need to plan your week so that you have time to do the things that will rejuvenate your mind and body.
We also discussed;
- The right time to exercise
- The importance of getting out in nature and doing something that inspires you.
- The mistakes people make when travelling.
- The rested edge versus the ragged edge.
If you are not showing up to work feeling refreshed and rejuvenated it impacts how you are able to do your best work and people will notice. With just a few simple steps you can begin turning your life around with regular exercise, clean eating and planning your time effectively so that you have enough time to do the things you enjoy. Treat your brain and body like a battery that needs to be charged, when you are at full power, you are a better leader and your business will thank you for it!